Thursday, March 20, 2008

Glenn Rubenstein on the 2004 and 2008 Democratic Primaries

Given the way the current Democratic Primary has been dragging on, I will admit that, in hindsight, these sorts of "extended contests" are not *always* ideal. I like both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, but at this point, even I'm experiencing "primary fatigue."

However, 2004 was a much different race and I think that there would have been some benefit to a longer fight...especially given how the Democratic ticket turned out in the end.

I'd take credit for having been onto something, except that Republicans have since co-opted this strategy--as evidenced by how many have been voting for Hillary Clinton since John McCain secured his party's nomination.

Read More at Democratic Underground to learn why I thought an "extended fight" was such a good idea back in 2004: Glenn Rubenstein - What's The Rush?

File Under: Blast from the Past & Articles Written by Glenn Rubenstein